|Maynard Hotel (burned 1921), Click on any photo to enlarge.|
|Riverside Co-op (burned 1936). First showing of a movie in Maynard|
was here, November 1902. Photos courtesy Maynard Historical Society.
Building behind it was Intl Order of Odd Fellows, now site of China Ruby.
Between Gove’s bakery and the railroad was the extensive animal feed, lumber, brick, cement, horse carriages (and later, automobiles) business owned and operated by W. A. Haynes. This extended north along the tracks as far as the site of the current Cumberland Farms gas station. A 1939 Sanborn Map Company map in the possession of the Maynard Historical Society shows a smaller complex of buildings, named “Seder & Gruber Hay & Grain.”
|Darling Block before the 1955 fire|
|Maynard Fire Department (horse power until 1914)|